In the Altar Guild we care for and prepare all linens and vessels used at the altar.
Our duties include:
- setting up the elements of communion,
- preparing the altar vestments which coordinate with the liturgical seasons for both Sunday services and for special services as needed,
- place the flowers,
- water the plants,
- refill the candles,
- wash used linens,
- dispose of leftover communion elements according to tradition,
- gather before Christmas and Easter to clean and polish all the silver and brass, and
- coordinates the donations of altar flowers.
There are currently 5 members serving on the Altar Guild. If you would like to learn more about the Altar Guild, please contact Ivy Berry at 207.864.5583.
The work of the Altar Guild is one of the most important “hidden” ministries of our church, keeping our communion services holy and hospitable to all.