The Pastoral Committee helps our church live out its commitment to “discover and share God’s love in seeking, finding, and cherishing all of God’s sheep.”
We continue and expand the work of the former Rector’s Search Committee, and represent both Sunday worship services and the Vestry. Our work is overseen by the Vestry.
Some of the Pastoral Committee’s activities include:
- Keeping the parish profile and the descriptions of church and community updated;
- discerning new opportunities for mission and witness in our community and beyond;
- assisting and promoting good communications (Shearings, website, Facebook);
- assisting our Priest and Deacon, and all the church members, to provide pastoral care and support to members and friends in spiritual and physical need;
- helping evaluate the ministries of the Priest, Deacon, Vestry and all members;
- providing a confidential “sounding board” for the Priest and Deacon as they confront the challenges and joys of leadership.
Members of the church serve on the Pastoral Committee by invitation from the Vestry.
Members of the Pastoral Committee:
Russell House, Co-Chair
Heidi Ross, Co-Chair
Joanne Dunlap, Secretary
Ex Officio Members:
Rev. Dr. Jennifer Reece
Deacon Benjamin Wetherill